The Main Camp
THE FAMILY FARM HOUSE, TURNED LODGE IN 1993
Main Camp was the original Hanssen-family farmhouse, reconstructed as a lodge in 1993.
View-rooms were completed August 2008 and the main Lapa and Reception area during December 2008.
2 new, View Rooms were added in Feb / March 2013.
- 6 double, budget Garden rooms are situated around a lush garden and overlook the (open-fire) entertainment area.
- Each standard, double room has a double and a single bed, a roof-fan and private, lockable safe.
- The rooms are close to the Lapa (The gathering place), the curio-shop and the reception area.
- The 12 View rooms all have a savanna, grass-plains view; 4 of them overlooking a waterhole.
- By the 1st of August 2013 – Main Camp will host 14 View Rooms
- Each room has a verandah and wheel-chair friendly ramp and the rooms are set 15m -20m apart, all some distance from the Lapa area.
- Each spacious room has 2 double beds, a mini-fridge to store own drinks, a coffee/tea station, a roof-fan, twin basins and a larger shower. A safe, alarm-system and a telephone.
MAIN CAMP FAST FACTS:
- 3 en-suite, twin tents are used for guides & pilots.
- Main Camp has a large, secluded swimming pool.
- No children under the age of 7 years. (2014 – All ages will be welcome)
- Due to the nature of our activities, child participation is restricted.
- 2013 Rate: Half Board (HB) / Dinner, Bed & Breakfast (DBB) and a Full Board (FB) on request.
- ALL NEW - 2014! Plains Camp
- January 2014 – The new OKONJIMA PLAINS CAMP will open. A new Lapa, pool & entertainment area will host the 2-tier accommodation facility.
- By January 2014 we will have withdrawn the 6 old Garden Rooms from circulation, and our previous View Rooms, now known as Standard Rooms, will be priced at Garden Room rates. This is a value uplift for guests, and the popular View Rooms of 2013 are now our entry-level accommodation for 2014.
- 14 Standard Rooms. This means the long established garden rooms will be replaced by elegant, standard rooms overlooking a water-hole and open savanna grass-plain, therefore providing, a unique bush experience for all our Plains Camp guests.
- 6 new, luxurious View Rooms, with a bush view over a grass plain, will replace the old view-room-rate and by
- 1 August 2014 – Plains Camp will boast 14 new, luxury View Rooms.
- 2014 Rate: We have eliminated the Full Board rate at Plains Camp, based on guest preferences, allowing greater flexibility with regards to adding activities as desired and not losing out on a pre-paid trail due to late arrivals etc.
RATES INFORMATION: Plains Camp
RATES INFORMATION: Main Camp
Okonjima Main Camp (Okonjima’s Plains Camp from Jan 2014)
S 20 51.539’ ; E 16 38.472’