The Luxury Bush Camp
OKONJIMA’S LUXURY, AFRICAN CHALETS
COMPLETED AUG 2001
The Luxury Bush Camp is situated at the Edge of a Wilderness Area, 3km from Main Camp.
Bush Camp comprises:
- 8 thatched, African-style chalets,
- 1 luxury, honey-moon suite, with fire-place, bath and out-side ‘Bush-shower’. (Wheel-chair Friendly) (completed August 2008)
- 3 luxury, en-suite tents for guides and pilots and ‘Agent Educationals’.
- A Lapa in the form of the indigenous ‘camelthorn’ pod and a secluded swimming pool.
- Each exclusive chalet enjoys complete privacy, and is a unique combination of earthy ochre walls and khaki-green canvas, under a thatched roof.
- Each chalet is equipped with a queen and a ¾ bed, a mini-bar, a private safe for valuables, a kettle for that early morning cup of tea or coffee and a telephone.
- The honey-moon suite boasts 2 double beds, a bathtub, an out-side shower and a fireplace.
- All chalets are between 80m – 100m apart from each other. For those who wish to feel the closeness of nature, the front 180º of canvas paneling may be rolled up, inviting visitors to enjoy their own ‘bushveld’ vista.
In front of each chalet, a birdbath is visited by a variety of birds and small mammals.
The extensive ‘camelthorn’ shaped Lapa, encompasses the reception area and curio-shop, a cosy lounge with a rustic inside fire-place, an outside fire-place, a kitchen and dining area – all overlooking a waterhole.
No children under the age of 12 years.
Rate: Half Board (HB) / Dinner, Bed & breakfast (DBB) and Fully inclusive, Full Board (FFB) on request.