The Luxury Bush Camp
OKONJIMA’S LUXURY, AFRICAN CHALETS
COMPLETED AUG 2001 | RENOVATED AND UPGRADED MAY 2015
The Luxury Bush Camp is situated at the Edge of a Wilderness Area, 2.5 km from Plains Camp.
Bush Camp comprises:
- 8 thatched, African-style chalets, with semi-detached, open lounge | sala.
- Each exclusive chalet enjoys complete privacy, and is a unique combination of earthy ochre walls, glass windows and khaki-green canvas, under a thatched roof.
- Each chalet is equipped with: 2 queen-size beds, a desk with a telephone to contact reception, 2 comfortable leather chairs. Each Sala is equipped with: a lounge area with mini-bar, 2 couches and a coffee/tea station for that early morning ‘cuppa’.
- 1 luxury, honeymoon junior-suite, with a stunning view, a sliding glass, sliding door, 2 queen-size beds, an en-suite lounge with fire-place, bathtub and out-side ‘Bush-shower’. (Wheel-chair Friendly)
- 3 luxury, en-suite tents for guides and pilots and ‘Agent Educationals’.
- A Lapa in the form of the indigenous ‘camelthorn’ pod and a secluded swimming pool.
All chalets are between 80m – 100m apart from each other. For those who wish to feel the closeness of nature, the lounge | sala at each chalet is completely open to the front, with an unrestricted view, so guests can enjoy the sights and sounds of the surrounding bush.
In front of each chalet, a birdbath is visited by a variety of birds and small mammals.
The extensive ‘camelthorn’ shaped Lapa, encompasses the reception area and curio-shop, a cosy lounge with four rustic inside fire-places, an outside fire-place, a kitchen and dining area – all overlooking a waterhole.
The main Lapa, Junior-Suite and Chalets have Wi-Fi (Hotspot) internet facilities and cell phone reception and under-cover, private parking.
No children under the age of 12 years.
Bush Camp has a private swimming-pool.
Rate: Half Board (HB- including drinks), on request and Fully inclusive (FI)
ROOM / SUITE SIZE:
Bush Camp Lapa: 610m2
Junior / Honeymoon Suite: 120m2
Okonjima Bush Camp
S 20 51.003’ ; E 16 40.030’