Arrivals, departures and closing dates
Arrival and departure
- In order to be in time for the afternoon activities, a general guide for arrival times is before 15h00 (winter) and 16h00 (summer).
- Check-in from 12h00 onwards. Guests are respectfully requested not to arrive before 12h00
- Check-out: Guests are respectfully requested to please vacate the room on your day of departure by 10h00 at the very latest!
- Credit card payments can take a while to process, due to ‘bush’-telephone lines and slow connections. To ensure a swift departure - payments can be done the evening before departure or during brunch on your day of departure.
- OKONJIMA is bordered by rivers, which are dry for most of the year. However guests are advised to check on accessibility during the rainy season!
- When you arrive on Okonjima , you will enter the new OKONJIMA PRIVATE NATURE RESERVE - 10km from the B1
- CAPTIVE CHEETAHS, WILD DOGS AND HYAENAS were released into this park in 2010! PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE – UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE 2000ha LODGE AREA!
- Either Main Camp OR Bush Camp, The Villa OR Bush Suite are closed during certain periods in December, January & February each year for maintenance and upgrading.
- During certain periods of the year The Villa is opened as a second ‘Bush Camp’ and sold as 3 or 4 separate rooms – depending on the group or individual bookings. (Bush Camp Fully Inclusive rates apply)
- OKONJIMA’S PRIVATE, BUSH CAMP WILL BE CLOSED FROM 15 JANUARY 2014 TO 30 JUNE 2014.
During this upgrading period, bookings for Bush Camp will be spread between the Plains Camp View Rooms, Bush Suite, and our exclusive Villa.