THE DIFFERENT STYLES OF ACCOMMODATION ON OKONJIMA:
- The Grand, African Villa: 2 luxury rooms and 2 Suites. (8 – 12 pax : 1 group only)
- The Select, Private Bush Suite: 2 luxury rooms. (4 pax : 1 group only)
- The Luxury Bush Camp: 8 unique, thatched, African-style chalets & 1 honeymoon, junior suite. (18 pax)
- The Bush Camp: 3 luxury, en-suite Twin Tents. These tents are only for guides & pilots. (6 pax)
- The Main Camp: 6 standard, en-suite, double garden rooms & 12, spacious, view rooms. All 12 view-rooms overlook a savanna, grass-plains; 4 of them overlooking a waterhole. (36pax).
- Aug 2013: The Main Camp: 6 standard, en-suite, double garden rooms & 14, spacious, view rooms. All 14 view-rooms overlook a savanna, grass-plains. (40 pax)
- The Omboroko Campsite: 4 private campsites, all sharing one secluded swimming-pool.
- PAWS: "People And Wildlife Solutions". The AfriCat Environmental Education Camp.
- AfriCat Day-visitor’s Centre now open. See: The AfriCat Day, Carnivore Care and Information Centres
Main Camp & Bush Camp and the Day Centre each has a curio shop, with select African artefacts & jewellery. Guests at The Villa and Bush Suite and the Omboroko Campsite are welcome to visit either Camp, if they so wish.
- All 4 Camps have a swimming pool, outside & inside fire-place, an independent kitchen/ restaurant & bar facilities.
- ALL 4 Camps have under-roof parking and a waterhole where wildlife may be viewed.
- The Omboroko Campsite also has a private pool for Campers & PAWS students only.
ALL NEW - 2014!
January 2014 – The new OKONJIMA PLAINS CAMP will open. A new Lapa, pool & entertainment area will host the 2-tier accommodation facility.
By 2014, we will have withdrawn the 6 old Garden Rooms from circulation, and our previous View Rooms, now known as STANDARD ROOMS, will be priced at Garden Room rates. This is a value uplift for guests, and the popular View Rooms of 2013 are now our entry-level accommodation for 2014.
14 Standard Rooms. This means the long established garden rooms will be replaced by elegant, standard rooms overlooking a water-hole and open savanna grass-plain, therefore providing, a unique bush experience for all our Plains Camp guests.
6 new, luxurious View Rooms, with a bush view over a grass plain, will replace the old view-room-rate and by 1 August 2014 – Plains Camp will boast 14 new, luxury View Rooms.
Our 8 luxury Bush Camp Chalets, and the private Honeymoon, junior Suite are meticulously maintained in an indoor/outdoor configuration, providing a unique African bush feeling. Next year will see further enhancements to these rooms, to ensure they remain at the forefront of Namibia’s accommodation offerings.
OKONJIMA’S PRIVATE, BUSH CAMP WILL BE CLOSED FROM 15 JANUARY 2014 TO 30 JUNE 2014.
During this upgrading period, bookings for Bush Camp will be spread between the Plains Camp View Rooms, Bush Suite, and our exclusive Villa.
As always, we are excited by the planned improvements to Okonjima and we look forward to being able to provide an enhanced lodge and wild-life experience to our valued guests and agents.
- THE VILLA, BUSH SUITE, BUSH CAMP, MAIN CAMP, THE OMBOROKO CAMPSITE, THE DAY CENTRE & PAWS have different rates.
- PLEASE state which CAMP you have selected, when making a reservation.
- For rates, availability and ONLINE DIRECT BOOKINGS - CLICK HERE